Monday, October 22, 2012

Hoity toity

You won't believe how I spent Sunday night. I can't believe how I spent Sunday night. I attended a concert of classical music for organ and brass. French, no less.

It wasn't so bad. While I admit my mind spent a lot of time in the happy place, I did genuinely enjoy a pair of the pieces. And the venue was nice -- the church that's right across the street from my church, the building that holds our community food pantry. Every time I drop food off, I'm in that church basement. So it was nice to finally see the very pretty upstairs.

How did this happen? My cousin plays in this brass quintet and once he realized he was playing in my neighborhood, he put aside a comp ticket for me.

The best part was having a drink with him afterward. We gabbed and caught up and exchanged ideas for hours. He's one of the relatives I re-upped with at my mother's service. I'm so grateful he's back in my life.


3 comments:

  1. How nice to share some quality time with your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your post in my snootiest French accent, and am very impressed. Sounds like a very nice night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Once when I was in London I attended a performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons at St. Martin in the Fields Church in Trafalgar Square. It was a similarly "what the hell am I doing here?" experience resulting from a spur of the moment decision, it was wonderful, although my memory of the music takes second place to the memory of losing one of my contacts.

    I'm not so much with the classy.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.