Saturday, January 15, 2011
Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice
1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you? I had just purchased a new microwave and was trying to get it home on the train. The box wasn't heavy but it was unwieldy, and as I got out of the cab at the train station, I tripped and fell hard on the curb. So I rode the train bloody and bruised with this enormous appliance box. As I prepared to get off the train, a gentleman (in every sense of the word) insisted on carrying the box for me ... off the train, onto the platform, down the stairs and all the way home. Really just a block, but a block out of his way. It was even nicer because he was kinda cute.
2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life? Music. For example, I find it impossible to be unhappy whenever I happen to hear "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire.
Lyrics | Earth, Wind & Fire - September lyrics
3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field? Eight jobs, six in my field.
4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily? I left seven of those jobs voluntarily. Though since the other company went belly up, I suppose you could say that they quit me more than the other way around.
5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!) I began playing in September, 2008. I discovered this meme through Mimi Lenox and/or Bud Wiser.
6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted? I have always hated tomato juice.
7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions? Lots of things. As my best friend likes to say, he wishes he was as sure of anything as I am of most things.
8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts? Often (like now) they just seem so obvious.
9. Would you consider yourself a good cook? That's funny. No. Emphatically no.