Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie Monday

This week's topic is all about the films of the late John Hughes. Admit it. Once upon a time (in your life), you were bitten by the John Hughes bug. I haven't seen all of his movies, but those I saw still beat those chick flicks running around these days. Show how much you love John Hughes' movies by answering this:
John Hughes... How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
and then link back to The Bumbles.

I love John Hughes because he gave us Ferris Bueller's Day Off. And by giving us that movie, he:
1) Introduced me to one of the most fabulously cheesey songs of all time, "Danke Schoen"
2) Made parades cool again
3) Showed how funny Ben Stein could be, simply by intoning a single word ("Bueller")
4) Contributed a valuable quote to my vernacular, "He's so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond."
5) Gave us the funniest scene over the credits EVER ("You're still here? Go HOME!")


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... I remember the that coal in the ass line. That was very funny! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you would focus on Ferris! I was sooo jealous of him - I wanted that day. I loved the restaurant scene where they duped them into believing he was the sausage king ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Every time I see Ben Stein on tv trying to sound so smart I remember his Ferris scenes and cannot take him seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.