Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Bad Day

1. Is there anything that you tend to do to cheer up when you are having a bad day? In the summer, I watch the Cubs. Any other time, I turn to The Lads from Liverpool. Anything is better with baseball and the Beatles.

2.What’s the last card game you played, and with whom did you play? I truly don't remember.

3.What’s the last board game you played, and with whom did you play? Yahtzee, with my nephew. Though technically speaking, Yahtzee doesn't have a board ...

4.What’s the last computer game you played, and with whom did you play? Boggle, vs. whoever was in the room at Pogo.com

5.Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it? The Grand Canyon

6.Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case? The Way We Were is the movie, and yes, it reflects what I value in romance, in that Katie is always true to herself. At the end of the movie, while Hubbell is subdued and just kinda pale, she is still vibrant, still enthusiastic, still fighting for what she believes in. I still believe that your soulmate will love you for that, and encourage you in that. Yes, I've had life experience to the contrary. But then, so did Katie!

7.What physical attributes do you find the most attractive? Good hair. My first great love was Paul McCartney and I think his mop-top marked me for life. Arms are good, too. And an ass you could bounce a dime off. Is it getting warm in here?

8.How many people live in your house? Tell us about them. They would be me. I live here. I am a pudgy middle-aged broad with a good heart.

9. Ever punch someone in the face? No! Ew!

4 comments:

  1. My gosh! You are a genius!!!!
    Seriously, The Way We Were was a great movie.

    Have a good Saturday.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/ever-punch-someone-in-the-face/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't improve on the Beatles and baseball. Sounds like there is a chance that your Cubbies are going to try and steal my team's manager. Now that would be interesting... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beatles make me happy, too. Especially the Red Album. That's a real pick-me-up. And I love how you describe Love Story and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love good hair too, but my idea of good hair is the classic "high and tight" Marine haircut. Hubby, being a former Marine, still wears this haircut--it looks good on him, and it's a perfect cut for the heat of Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.