Saturday, July 10, 2010

Neon around a void

I purchased The Killer Inside Me from On Demand because I heard wonderful things about Casey Affleck's performance. And he is very good. Lou is 99.44% pure psychopath, hiding behind a bland babyface. He seems to believe he does what he does because of "the killer inside of him," while he himself is blameless.

But I don't care how much praise it's received at indie film festivals. The Killer Inside Me is not very intriguing. There's a lot of sex, but it's pretty creepy and not at all erotic. There's a lot of scheming and double dealing, but it doesn't add any tension.

Bad Influence may not have been as beloved by the critics, but it covers much of the same territory and is a lot more fun.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of it. But I guess Ill pass.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.