Saturday, March 14, 2009

My favorite sale of the year

Whether it's known as Carson's or BonTon or Bergner's in your neck of the woods, this department store is having a special sale to support Goodwill. Donate your gently used clothes or linens in store and receive a coupon worth 20% off for each item you bring in! I donated two sets of clean, reusable bath towels and ended up with NINE coupons.

I love coupons. I love helping Goodwill. So I love this sale.

Clinique Repairwear
Lovely Body Lotion
A belt
A Macintosh New England raincoat
Gray slacks
A peasant blouse (Clinton Kelly would recommend the empire waist for me, I just know it)
Three blouses (pink, black and pale blue)

That accounts for my 9 Goodwill coupons. Those nine towels turned into $95.38, and I'm pleased with all my purchases. I believe I'm just about done shopping for spring, and I'm happy to know I contributed to the "Million Acts of Goodwill."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:07 AM

    wow...you did good sister!!
    I need a new raincoat but just haven't found one I like.
    Thanks for coming over to visit my site!
    Have a good day...God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.