Friday, February 06, 2009

It's Friday afternoon and I'm still here!

Yea!

Mr. Big just had an official meeting with all of us who are left. He set the record straight and stemmed any rumors. The cuts in this team didn't go too deep (3 let go, 2 reassigned). He believes this will be IT. Not 3 this month, 2 next month, another 5 in April. No, this is IT. (At least for the time being.)

That last one, for me, was the most important. Control over my own destiny is a BIG issue for me (just ask my poor shrink), and the waiting, the not knowing, was the worst. I am not at all good at that. It wears me out. I think I'd find it easier to be let go than just waiting to learn my fate.

But now I have a stress-free weekend ahead of me! And maybe I can even begin planning a vacation ...

Of the 3 who were let go, one gentleman completely knew it was coming, and he was pretty funny about it. "I hope they do it in the morning. I hope they do it soon." He promised his daughter he'd visit her at U of I this weekend and he wanted to be on the road before traffic got too bad. I didn't know the other two well at all, so I don't have to worry about survivor guilt kicking in tomorrow. (Sometimes that's as bad as the stress.)

Thank you to my well-wishers in the blogosphere. Sometimes I'm more candid on this blog than I am with people I see day in and day out. It was a relief to share my worries, and to receive your support in return.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Great news....God knows our prayers before they are said....and he takes care of his own....
    Thank you Lord for taking good care of our girl...
    Now....go have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just EXCELLENT news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever read "Then We Came To The End?" I think you would get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YEY!! I am so glad to hear this because you were just driving your sweet self crazy with worry!
    (I do that too so no judgment here.)

    Burrow into the knowledge that all is well, all will be well and you are safe and fine.

    Big Ass hugs to you. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA! On the job news! I miss your blog for a few days and see that the proverbial brown stuff hit the fan at work and you stayed all good.

    Interesting hunks on your page....that's all I have to say. Still liking Mr. Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A week late, but still happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.