Friday, February 06, 2009

It's starting up -- hot'n'heavy -- again

"We can't make it past February."

"Gary is so sure it's happening Friday, he must know something."

"I heard it will be Tuesday and it will be massive."

"Why do you think that all of a sudden they want all our timesheets in and up to date?"

I've tried to rise above it … not to listen to it … but it's getting to me and I can't sleep. The writing on the wall first appeared in October, and this week it's been becoming more and more vivid. I've been doing this for decades and I know the signs.

While I'm not in love with this job, I'm doing what I can to hang onto it because opportunities in my field are, at best, limited.

I have a cushion of savings set aside. My mortgage is paid in advance. I estimate that my tax refund will go a long way toward paying my mom's medicare supplement insurance. This is my mantra, my way of reminding myself I'm better equipped to handle this than the many, many other Americans who are in my same position.

But I'm still so freaking frightened. Especially in the wee small hours of the morning. My cat Charlotte is right here by my side, quiet and attentive. She seems to sense that I could use a little support.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    We know the Lord can do all things...and I pray he has sheilded you from the cuts that may come to your company! I love your blog and I pray for God to give you comfort & peace thru this trying time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say, Gal. I thought this perhaps behind you. I'm sorry. I second what Vivian wrote and add mine to it.
    Peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally sympathize, because the same things are going on at my workplace. I know how stressful it is - I'm a little ball of stress all day long at work now. (And my actual WORK isn't very stressful most of the time, just the environment.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, don't add your fear to the mix and trust that all will be for the highest good, regardless. It will all work out and you'll be fine. You're prepared.

    Sending you all my love and Light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have you in my thoughts, dear friend...hang in there; you're strong enough to handle whatever comes your way, and all will work out for the best in the end. Trust that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could say or do anything to help. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the support, everyone. Each of these made my morning a little brighter, and helped put my plight in perspective. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET. It's possible that nothing may happen to me at all. Worrying over what may be doesn't do any good, does it?

    Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I believe they helped straighten out my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:18 PM

    OT: Hi. I'm over from Mo's Mind and I like your header, a lot.

    A lil on topic:
    Fear sux. Let it go. I read so much gratitude shining through your fear; stick with that, it's a winner.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:14 PM

    A good source I found while shopping for a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy is:

    www.lowcostmedigap.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.