Sunday, January 18, 2009

It seemed like a good idea this morning

Cabin fever has been getting to me. I'm not really an outdoorsy girl in that if I never went camping again, I would still consider mine a life well lived. But I like the sun and enjoy looking at the sky through the branches, and I've missed being outdoors. So today, when the mercury climbed to 20ยบ, I decided to walk my 10,000 steps en route to my mom's, picking up the bus at the halfway point.

Oh … my … God … It was a very bad idea! It wasn't the temperature that made it gruesome, it was all those frozen, unshovelled walks. I felt like I was traversing a frozen tundra, and it took much, much longer than it usually does.

Oh well, it was a good workout, and it was nice to take in the sun and sky. The visit with my mom and niece was good, too. So it was a bad idea with some redeeming facets. (If only my feet weren't still so cold!)

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't pull me outta bed if the temps reached down to 20 degrees!

    Good Golly, Miss Molly, THAT is too cold!!

    Here's to a nice, WARM week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.