Sunday, January 18, 2009

"She's a good kid"

Spent a few hours with my niece and my mom today, and am reminded anew that Becky can be very thoughtful. She remembered that months ago I had casually expressed an interest in a Lennon DVD she had, so she brought it along today. She also wore a Hard Rock tshirt that I picked up for her years ago. These were considerate gestures made by a 16-year-old girl.

Yes, she can be petty. Her complaints about her kid brother revealed an immaturity and a rivalry that remind me that, despite her expansive vocabulary, her honor-roll report cards and sharp sense of humor, she's still just a kid.

But as my mom, her proud grandma, likes to say, "She's a good kid."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:37 PM

    She sounds a lot more thoughtful than either of my sisters were at that age.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.