Friday, January 06, 2023

Saturday 9

It's Not Unusual


1) In this song, Tom Jones wants to know what's new in his girl's life. Here at Saturday 9, we're concentrating on the new year. What do you hope will be new and different in your life during 2023? I'd like to be healthier. I know I'm looking at a ton of time at the dentist, but if I reduce the hours spent with doctors I'll be a happy, grateful old gal.
 
2) He sings that he has flowers for his special girl. Are there fresh flowers in your home right now? Nope. I love flowers and wish I did, but I'm afraid the cats would take one look at them and say to themselves, "YAY! Salad bar!"
 
3) He also wants to spend hours with her. What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2023? Yoga. I just started last month and I'm not good at it at all, but it's already helped me with my aching back.

4) Before his music career took off, Tom Jones supported himself by selling vacuum cleaners. Could your home benefit from a once-over with a vacuum right now? Hell to the yes! My kitchen and bathroom floors could use a good scrubbing, as well.
 
5) Memorabilia from Tom's 1990 world tour was available eBay and the bids went up to $599 a jacket worn by the stage crew. Have you ever bought anything at an auction (online or otherwise)? I have bid on eBay auctions, though today it's more of a marketplace than an auction site.

6) Tom's adult grandson, Alex, represented Wales in rifle shooting in the Commonwealth Games. Is there a sport you'd like to try, or get better at, in 2023? Is yoga a sport?

7) In 1965, when this song was popular, Tom Jones made a new friend, Elvis Presley. Tom had a meeting at Paramount Studios to discuss recording a song for a movie soundtrack and Elvis was finishing a film. It was the beginning of a friendship that would continue for the rest of Elvis' life. Did you make any new friends in 2022? I don't know that she qualifies as a new friend, since I've known her for years through my movie group, but I began hanging out with Elaine in 2022. We even took a two-day road trip to together. I'm basically an introvert, so that was a big deal.


8) Also in 1965, The Sound of Music premiered and became one of the most successful movies of all time. Have you seen it? Yes! The first time I saw it was on a field trip with my Girl Scout troop when I was 7. We took a bus to one of the BIG theaters in the Loop, with a massive neon marquee outside. It was quite exciting.



9) Random question: Were you like those shoppers we saw on TV, in line at a retailer after the holidays to exchange a gift that wasn't quite right? I did return a gift, but it was well before Christmas.


 
PS If you have a WordPress blog, please know I can't comment on your post unless you've changed the settings.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you, doing yoga! I used to do it when I belonged to a gym. It is a much tougher workout than you'd expect, but in a way that's kind to your joints. There's a martial arts studio near us that teaches tai chi (sp?) one evening a week. I'd like to give that a try. It is supposed to be very good for balance and mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going to physical therapy to learn some target exercises for my rear. I need to find a Pilates class. I guess I should check the gym I belong to. Yes, Yoga counts. Going on the bus with your Girl Scout troop must have been so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga really is excellent exercise and as long as you have a good teacher, it is very helpful and kind to the body. It's also a great workout. I'm also an introvert, but I will reach out and try to make new friends, but finding good close friends is hard for me. I usually stick with those I have known for years. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 Ditto. I do what I can but it is not much.
    #8 I remember the first time that I went to a musical it was enthralled with it and went to many musical and plays after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not mind doing Yoga! I would have to travel to do it though and I know I won't. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to be healthier, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoga is indeed exercise and very good for the body. It can rebuild a broken back as long as it's gentle. I rebuilt mine that way after a horse broke it. Isn't Sound of Music wonderful? Glad you got to see it on a giant screen, too. Funny about the kitties "Salad Bar'.. heehee... exactly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great decision to do yoga. It really helps. When I can't do yoga I do Tai Chi. Love that too.

    I hope all the dentist hours will have a good result.

    I liked reading your answers.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.