Sunday, January 08, 2023

Word Salad

Posted to me on Facebook by my old friend Kathy:

Geez I am so tickled (and very appreciative) that there are bits of our lives gently wandering into our current emotional pathways. My only "problem" is the slower response of my 75 year old brain... Remember I AM more than a decade older and even without that you were always "quick on the draw!" Still tickled...

I have no idea what this means.

It sounds as if she is continuing a conversation or responding to correspondence, but I haven't communicated with her in weeks.

I wish she hadn't posted it this way, on my Facebook feed. All of her Facebook friends, and all of mine, can see it, and it's blather. I'm not sure all those people realize how cognitively impaired she's become. To save her embarrassment, I was going to take it down. 

But I didn't because if I didn't respond, I might hurt her feelings. So I gave it a ♥ and moved on.

Except I haven't moved on. This makes me very sad.



 

1 comment:

  1. To just read it, as someone who doesn't know where it's coming from, it doesn't read as blather, just as a continuation of something - or maybe an acknowledgement of a gift? I know you're worried about her, but I wouldn't worry about the public part of it. Your response was fine.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.