Saturday, December 31, 2022

Better than a gold watch

Back in 2007, Kathleen and I worked with a promising young woman. Soraya had terrific people skills. (I will always remember her with her pen poised over a small notepad, asking, "How can I help?" Writing it down as you spoke made you feel like she was totally focused.) My client adored her, which made my job easier. I missed her when she moved along to another advertising agency, but I understood why she made the leap. She wanted to work on a variety of accounts before finding her niche. We stayed in touch.

Yesterday I posted a photo of my friend Kathleen and I toasting our birthdays, Christmas and the New Year. Soraya's comment: "Cheers to my two talented, fierce female role models!"

Good goobies! She's an executive vice president now. She works on major brands (right now your kitchen contains products she promotes). I was one of her role models? I'm fierce?

You can't tell but I'm smiling as I compose this. 

Learning I had a positive influence on the women who came next has me looking at my career differently. It's very satisfying.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Gal, you have no idea how you have influenced people. That's part of your charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are terrific! And this post made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.