Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Happy Birthday to Me

I spent this afternoon celebrating with Joanna at The Chriskindlemarket. Every year since 1996, this marketplace has been in the shadow of The Picasso. It was inspired by the holiday markets in Germany. Each stall is a food or gift vendor. It's very upbeat and festive.

I've walked by it every year but never went in. At 9:00, when I raced past en route to the office, they weren't open yet. At lunchtime it was too crowded. Somehow, in the evenings, there just wasn't time.

Well, this year we strolled it. With me retired and Joanna self-employed, we could take our time. It was great! I got handcrafted little gifties for my niece and her hubs (natural honey for her, beard moisturizer for him). 

Then Joanna took me for a sandwich and root beer and we caught up. 

It was a good birthday. I have a couple gifts in my den -- one from my aunt, the other from my cousin -- but I'm waiting until Wednesday to open them. I want to spread the happy a little longer.



4 comments:

  1. I love markets like that--unique gift opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! It sounds like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Gal! That sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to spend your birthday. Mine is Thanksgiving Day this year...I will be 60. I'm looking forward to spending it with Hubs and Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see what being retired is for? Stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.