Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #285

13 things I'm thankful for. 

1. My movie group. I joined to learn more about classic film. I'm surprised by and grateful for the important the personal relationships I've made there. 

2. My old friends. The people I've met through movie group are new friends. But John (1981) and my oldest friend (1963) have been with me all along, through all of it.

3. Facebook and Blogger. Yeah, I know, everyone slags social media. But used correctly, it keeps us connected and I treasure that. If you're reading this, I appreciate you, too!

4. My aunt and my cousin. My aunt (dad's sister) and my cousin (my mom's cousin, actually) exasperate me. They are two old Florida ladies, set in their ways. But they both love me. They are the last two people alive who held me as a baby! I am so lucky to have their genuine, enduring affection.

5.  My niece and nephew. I have made a difference in their lives, which is gratifying, and they are a constant joy to me.

6. My test results. My pancreas is fine. My liver issue is manageable. I'm OK, and I'm so grateful.

7. My faith. My relationship with God is personal, but it guides me and will ultimately save me.

8. My imagination. I seldom get bored. That is such a gift.

9. My DVR. There's always something on in my home.

10. Music. It reliably lifts my spirit.

11. Severance, unemployment and Social Security. These safety nets give me time and space to decompress and decide what I'm going to do with my next chapter ... without touching my retirement accounts.

12. Baseball. The crack of the bat is the through line from my past, the present and the future.

13. These last two are forever connected in my heart.

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.


5 comments:

  1. A lovely TT! We were thinking along similar lines today, it seems. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving. And I'm glad your health issues are not dire. Good news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good on my end, too. We’re without our Molly the Cat, but a feral we call Tuxedo has decided our yard is one of his. I’m thankful our home is lined with bookshelves. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great things on your list! #3 I feel the same. Also I'm glad to hear you're doing okay and your tests showed your pancreas is fine. Love #13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am particularly close with my nieces & nephews and I know what you mean with #5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list of authentic gratitude. I am thankful for you. You and your blog are an example and inspiration to me. Truly. I have a very emotional connection to baseball as well, although I don't post about it much. So glad your health tests showed that your are overall in good shape and ready for the next chapter. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.