Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #276

 Thirteen tests often run at hospitals. I spent all day Sunday in the ER. As I was wheeled through the hospital en route to my CT scan, or as I lie on my bed watching my blood drawn, I got wondering about what goes on in hospitals. Here's a 2019 (pre-covid) snapshot. 

  1. CBC (complete blood count)*
  2. CT scan*
  3. Basic metabolic panel
  4. Glucose screen test for diabetes
  5. Ultrasound
  6. Urinalysis*
  7. Chlamydia detection
  8. MRI
  9. TSH (thyroid)
  10. Liver function
  11. PTT (a test that measures how long it takes your blood to clot)
  12. X-ray
  13. Stool sample

*I had these, and the doctor was able to diagnose what he called "a honking kidney stone."

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.


3 comments:

  1. The things that go on in hospitals are amazing - and frequently scary. I hope that "honking kidney stone" has dissolved by now. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel a whole lot better, and very soon. Can we all gather round you and make a fuss over you? I'll bring some music. Get well soon, Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I hope the honker has left the building and you’re feeling great right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.