1. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual. I'm assuming that the person who asked me this is our guest host, Ms. Kwiz. I would ask her about Maine and about books and about her love affair with road trips.
2. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be? Spanish
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? Wow. I suppose The Bible, because I haven't ever sat down to read it and it's so many books within a book and (I don't mean this to sound this simplistic) it's always timely.
4. Favorite song lyric? This encapsulates the longest, most tumultuous relationship of my life: "So let me go, or make me want to stay."
5. Favorite album? The Beatles White Album
6. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise? Either mid-morning or late night
7. What do you think people assume about you from first glance? That I'm more conservative than I am.
8. Favorite city that you haven’t visited? London
9. If you received $10,000 but had to give it away, what would you do with it? Wouldn't this be the best problem to have? I have so many political organizations and charities I would love to share the money with and divvying it up would be fun.
10. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read? The Princess Bride. If you've seen the movie, you only have part of the story. There's a poignant, wistful narration that is terrifically moving.
11. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch? It changes. Lately, I'd recommend Giant. It's a great love story and it also touches upon America's ongoing issues race, class, and gender. Plus, Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson are so romantic and gorgeous they take your breath away. I could go on and on.
12. If you could create one thing, what would it be? A way to tell if the machines in the laundry room are in use. I hate going all the way down there (4 floors!) and finding there isn't a washer open.
13. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be? Guitar.
14. What is your favorite item of clothing? I love my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans.
15. What is your favorite card/board game? Canasta.