Tuesday, September 20, 2022

So how was your weekend?

Friday night into Saturday I had terrible abdominal pains. I had to pace, take meds, and soak in a tub before I could finally get back to sleep. It was my fourth consecutive night of this. My doctor did not believe I was in imminent danger but understood how frightened I was. So she recommended a CT scan of my gut, and since her urgent care didn't perform them on Sundays, sent me to a local ER.

I ended up being there for 8 hours.

For those of you who wonder what I look like, here's a self portrait
 

Lots of tests, two bags of fluids and the prescribed CT scan later, and a kidney stone was discovered. Just one. But it's nowhere near my kidney anymore. It moved and lodged in the ureter. No wonder I hurt. 

I have meds to take and lots of water to drink and hopefully it will break apart on its own. I have an appointment next Monday with a urologist. And I'm seeing my doctor this Friday to discuss the CT scan. It seems a pancreatic abnormality was revealed. No one can tell me what it is without an MRI. I'm trying not to freak out. Naturally my mind jumps ahead to pancreatic cancer. That would explain my months long lack of appetite. 

But I shouldn't jump ahead. My GP thought I had diverticulitis when she sent me to the ER. WebMD led me to believe it was IBS. No one predicted kidney stones. So maybe the predictors are wrong this time, too.

But I am scared. And tired. And overwhelmed.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's no fun at all! I'm sorry that all this is bubbling up. On the bright side, I always think if the doc doesn't rush you to come in RIGHT NOW, it's probably not too bad. (I could be wrong but I like that line of thought and you can borrow it if you want to.)

    Sending a big hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your uncertainty. Lean on your faith. Will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry you're going through this. You must be so scared. Thinking of you and looking forward to a post with a great outcome. And I hope the kidney stone flushes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you much love.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.