Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Home run #31

My favorite ball player Anthony Rizzo had not been on the field since August 31. First he was experiencing back tightness, then he had a botched epidural an epidural that did not go as expected, resulting in crippling migraines. He then endured a blood patch, a procedure where his own blood was injected into his back to seal any leaks caused by the botched epidural.

But Sunday, he was back with a boom. After 18 days, he went 3 for 6, including his 31st home run of the season. I saw it on my phone from my bed in the ER. It made me so happy and distracted me from the scary business at hand.

Celebrating #31 for the cameras



3 comments:

  1. Go Rizzo! Go Gal! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he's recovering. And you will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:48 PM

    The Yanks are SO much better when he plays..

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.