Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday Stealing

FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND

1. Where do you get your news these days? The Chicago Sun Times, WGN Morning News, MSNBC

2. Do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby? Yes, I like crab meat. Temperatures over 85ยบ make me crabby.

3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate. Yes. Yes. Whenever I make a choice about what book to read, movie to watch, vacation destination to travel to, I fleetingly wonder if I wouldn't be happier rereading, rewatching, or revisiting.

4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? 

 

My favorite Barbie

My favorite Barbra

5. What are three things you value most in another person? Humor, sensitivity, integrity

6. How would you define “old.”  At what age is a person old? According to the Social Security Administration, I can expect to live to 86 (though something tells me I won't make it that long). Therefore, by my calculations, I moved from middle-aged to old on my 60th birthday.

7. A place you’ve been that’s “old.” Tell us something about your visit there. Abraham Lincoln's home in Springfield. This is the only house he ever owned. I have been here many times since I was a little girl. I love walking the halls where he walked.

That little figure in the Cubbie blue shirt is me

8. Something you miss about the “good old days.”  When were they? 2015-2021, when my guys were still together. They were not only good (World Series!), they had chemistry and were a joy to watch.

 

9. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'? I have my mother's affinity for animals. I have my father's temperament.

10. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain. I love listening to the oldies. Every morning, no matter what is going on with my life, when I reach for the shampoo bottle and sing tunelessly with my shower radio, I am happy.

11. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure? I've been to Hawaii twice. If it wasn't so far and so expensive, I'd love to go back. It's beautiful! Plus, it's America. Why leave the country for Jamaica or the Bahamas when you can stay in the US of A. And I love pineapple.

12. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain. Many times throughout my career. We're not big on providing training in advertising.

13. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer? I like leaving the house in summer. No coat. No socks. Clothes are less complicated.

14. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way. Bury your head in the sand -- I'm afraid I do that a lot.

15. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? I'll give them a 5, because my mom wasn't strict at all and my dad would have been, had be chosen to be more involved.


 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am good with staying in the USA too. I would love to go to Hawaii! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would really feel special to walk through Lincoln's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good trip would be to visit all the presidential homes and/or libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Cubs in 2008 in Wrigley before they were good. (They lost, of course.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.