Tuesday, February 08, 2022

WWW.WEDNESDAY

WWW. WEDNESDAY asks three questions to prompt you to speak bookishly. To participate, and to see how other book lovers responded, click here.  

1. What are you currently reading? My Darling Husband by Kimberly Belle. Atlanta celebrity chef Cam Lasky and wife Jade have it all. Then it all goes very, very wrong. First his famous steakhouse is destroyed by fire. Then his wife Jade and their two kids are held for ransom. Coincidence? Not bloody likely. What is is about Jade's "darling husband" that makes him the target of arson and abduction? What secrets has he been keeping?

This is turning out to be a neat little thriller. Lots of mystery and paranoia and all those shivery things we want from a book like this.

2. What did you recently finish reading?  Diana by Sarah Bradford.  Oh, Diana! I watched The Princess of Wales go from blushing bride to wronged wife to independent ambassador for good to catalyst for an international outpouring of grief. Her story is familiar but continues to fascinate.

This is a sympathetic but even-handed portrayal. Her natural gifts are on display, as are her desperation and impulsivity. Diana wasn't a saint, but she was compelling. I enjoyed the time I spent with her in this book. (But Sarah Ferguson certainly comes off as a ninny.)

3. What will you read next? I don't know. My TBR is vast.

2 comments:

  1. I am still reading Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart. Quite good. I have a couple of biographies of Diana on my to read shelf. She was a fascinating person. I hope your week is going well. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, My Darling Husband was a good one! Enjoy...and now I must add still another Diana book to my shelves! I never seem to tire of her.

    Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.