Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Normal. Stable. Healthy.

These are the words my doctor used after reviewing all the tests she ran last week. I was a little worried about my ALP level, which the chart showed was higher than normal. What does this mean? I don't know, but I didn't like it. My doctor noted that, since I hadn't fasted before the test, it looked OK to her.

I am lucky. I have my health. I have health care. I can afford to have blood work and a physical every year. I have an attentive doctor I trust. 

I am also healthier than I deserve to be, really. I'm quite sedentary, overweight, and I eat too much sugar. This is, I suppose, balanced somewhat by the fact that I've never smoked anything and go days at a time without so much as a glass of wine.

I am grateful for all of this. I look at many of my those around me -- John, Henry, Kathy, my friend Mindy's husband, Kathleen, my oldest friend -- and they're all battling health issues. For whatever reason, God dealt me a good hand in this regard and I do thank Him.

3 comments:

  1. It's a relief to hear you're healthy, isn't it? January was every appointment known to man (except the eye doctor, that's in July).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a relief to hear from the doctor that everything is A-OK. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are healthy. Yes thankful for health insurance.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.