Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 30

Today's happiness -- These two. That's former Cub first baseman Anthony Rizzo on the left, former Cub manager Joe Maddon on the right. Monday night, the Yankees played the Angels for the first time since Rizz has been on the team, and these two shared a moment on the field. It delighted me to see them together, looking like they enjoy each other.
 
These two veterans of the 2016 World Series will always have a place in my heart, and I've always been more than a little in love with Joe Maddon. He gave me words to live by: 
•  Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure
•  Do simple better
•  Try not to suck

And Rizz? When he's not winning Gold Gloves and swinging a bat, he is helping children and their families battle cancer. (He raised over $650,000 in one month before being traded.)

Unfortunately one of them had to lose last night and it was Rizz. But he went 2-for-4, so I think his Covid slump is over. YAY!



Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

2 comments:

  1. I love Joe Madden's words of wisdom. I may make the last one my motto - Try not to suck. That pretty much says it all. Thanks for all your August happiness posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those words of wisdom--the pressure exceeding the pleasure is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.