Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday 9


I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (1976)


1) This song is about a guy who, out of the blue, phones an ex. Have you ever spontaneously phoned or emailed a former lover? Has an ex ever reached out to you? Yes, and yes.


2) He suggests walking through the park, taking a drive along the beach, or watching TV. Do any of those suggestions appeal to you right now? I'm always happy to stay at home and watch TV. 

3) "England Dan" got his nickname because he was a passionate Beatles fan and would affect a British accent when he talked about his favorite group. Are you good at imitating accents? No.

4) Dan met John Colley when they were high school classmates in Dallas. When they were still kids, they agreed that "John Ford Coley" would be a better stage name. Think back to your high school days. Which of your friends daydreamed along with you?  My oldest friend. I've known her since Kindergarten. That's a lot of history, and many, many daydreams.





5) After the duo disbanded, "England Dan" went to Nashville, billed himself by his real name -- Dan Seals -- and recorded country music. Who is your favorite country performer? 


 

6) Today John Ford Coley lives in TN. He performs occasionally and raises horses. Have you ever been to TN? Yes. I've been to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, TN, I've been to Graceland.


The King's Castle


7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Foster Grant Sunglasses had a suggested retail price of $5/pair. Do you buy sunglasses more for fashion or utility? Fashion. I love sunglasses.

8) The most popular movie of 1975 was Jaws. Have you seen it? Yes. But for some reason I can't recall, I didn't see it in the theater in 1975. I rented the video from Blockbuster years later.

 
9) Random question: Excluding anyone related to you by blood or marriage, what man are you closest to? My friend, John.




 

8 comments:

  1. So, you've been to Graceland? lol
    Patsy Cline is another timeless voice. I listen to her a lot with the seniors at work.
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy Cline is a great choice! I love her voice.
    Oh Graceland! My mom has been, she loves e everything Elvis...except Priscilla...Hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graceland is on my bucket list, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be fun to visit Graceland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy Kline is wonderful.
    I'm always happy to stay home and watch tv as well.
    It's so great that you have a friend from the first year in public school. Unique and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patsy Cline. I watched the PBS Ken Burns documentary on country music a few weeks ago and she was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Patsy. I had a greatest hits album of hers downloaded from Amazon music, but then they took it down, so no more album. I always did wonder why they took it down...Have a great week, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now there's a blast from the past... Blockbuster.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.