Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 31

Today's happiness -- A booth and a good book.  Everything I had on tap to do today? I did none of it. I don't know why ... I've just been bedeviled by laziness.
 
But I did have a wonderful breakfast as my late lunch. Two eggs, over easy. Juicy bacon. Wheat toast with strawberry jam. And a good book.
 
Little Gloria, Happy at Last is the detailed account of the Depression-era trial that made pre-school Gloria Vanderbilt a household name. Gloria's aunt, a born Vanderbilt, and her mother fight over the little girl ... and her multi-million trust fund. It's fascinating. I imagine if I was around in 1934, I'd be glued to my radio, listening to every day's trial update.


Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.