Saturday, August 17, 2019

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 17

Today's happiness -- An hour and 19 minutes with Henry. He got home yesterday! He sounds strong and refreshingly unwilling to rehash his time in the hospital. After the accident, he was like a broken phonograph record, stuck in a woe-is-me groove. Today he was the opposite. We actually found ourselves discussing Elvis, of all things!

We don't know for certain what caused his seizures. I suppose it doesn't matter. He is home and has a new medication regimen predicted to help prevent them going forward.

I even spoke to his husband, Reg, for a while, and it wasn't unpleasant. Reg has been a trick bag lately, so I was actually kind of afraid when he came on the line. But he was communicative and doesn't seem to hate me ... today

I have been worried about Henry every day for the last week. I feel like a weight has been lifted. He is not well, "well" might be a relative term from here on out, but he's home and he and Reg seem to be coping. So now I can finally exhale!

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.