Sunday, May 05, 2019

Sunday Stealing

    ONE DIRECTION ASKS
    1. Name three things you love about yourself. I'm basically happy and optimistic (even and especially when the situation doesn't warrant it); I am good with animals; I try to do good.

    2. What’s the bravest thing you ever did?
    I interrupted a rape in progress, dialed 911 and stayed with the woman until the police arrived. Then the police took me for a ride in the car to see if the perpetrator was still in the neighborhood. We didn't find him, so I didn't have to confront him. But I would have.

    3. Talk about the craziest night of your life.
    The night I partied with Bruce Springsteen. If you want to read it, here's the link. (If you don't, well, that's OK, too. It's not like Bruce often retells the tale of the night he partied with me.)

    4. Name three things you want in life.
    Not to worry so much about money, to catch up on my reading, to feel good physically.
    5. Who’s your biggest celebrity crush? To borrow from Chuck Berry, I'm one of the good women who'd shed a tear for a brown-eyed handsome man.

    6. What’s your most common mistake?
    I'm indiscreet. My mouth gets me in trouble.

    7. Which three things would you save if there was a fire?
    My purse. It's filled with all kinds of stuff. (PS I don't consider my cats as "things," so they were not in my consideration set.)

    8. What’s your favorite sport?
    Cubs baseball.

    9. Talk about something good that recently happened to you.
    I loved the TCM Film Festival. Every day I got to hang around with literally thousands of people who love what I love ... old movies.

    10. Which fictional world would you want to live in if you could?
    It's not a fictional world, really (Concord did exist in the 19th century), but I'd love to hang out with the March Sisters of Little Women.

    11. What’s one thing you can never say no to?
    Sweets

    12. Talk about a childhood memory.
    My grandpa built a swing in the backyard, next to the garage. I loved that swing.

    13. Name five things you find attractive in others.
    I like people who are: Cub fans, pet lovers, kind, funny, able to live their faith without being sanctimonious (I have a minister, thank you).

    14. Are you good at making final decisions or do you easily change your mind?
    I am decisive

    15. Name three guilty pleasures of yours.
    Nilla Vanilla wafers, Elvis movies, big picture books and magazines about Diana and her boys. (Baby Sussex! Please get here! I can't wait to see you!)

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for interrupting that rape! You made that girl's life better. I am sure she thinks of you often.
    That is super cool that you got to party with Bruce Springsteen.
    I am kind and funny...just not a Cubs fan. :( Hee, hee!!! I am enjoying these games, even though we are losing. It is so fun to play the Cubs. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never read your Bruce Springsteen story before. What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royal Baby Watching is a great hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so proud of your bravery. That was a wonderful act and I'm sure it meant so much to the poor woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave, indeed! I'm sort of surprised the police asked you to accompany them; I mean, did you feel you were in any sort of danger while doing so? Hanging out with the March sisters would be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you and your bravery. You made a difference to someone.
    Good answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.