Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 22

Today’s happiness: Talking to contractors. I interviewed a pair today -- one recommended by my friend, Nancy, the other from Home Advisor. They are each putting together proposals for renovating my bathroom.

I'm leaning toward Nancy's guy because he seems to be willing to do more for me, whereas Mr. Home Advisor is leaving some stuff to me. Of course, I haven't seen their estimates yet. So maybe that painting and prep will cost me a lot. I simply don't know yet.

But here's the thing: the two consults went smoothly. This is a very big deal for me. I've never done anything this expensive and consequential before. Yet neither contractor seemed even remotely rattled by how crappy my bathroom currently looks. Neither seemed appalled by the clutter in my living room (though they weren't able to see in the den, which still looks like a disaster area). Neither seemed to be taking advantage of my frankly admitted naiveté.

I'm so relieved.

via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.