Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Danny Boy (1956)

1) This is a sad song of farewell. Who is the last person you said "goodbye" or "so long" to? One of my coworkers is moving on to greener pastures and Friday afternoon, I wished him goodbye and good luck.

2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State? Yes. Twice. I really enjoyed it and would love to go back.

3) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day? I have two green sweatshirts. I will don one of them.


4) What color makes you look best? I'm fair skinned with green eyes, so green flatters me.


5) Will you drink something green in honor of the day (like a Shamrock shake or a green beer)? No.

6) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm? A friend gave me a Guatemalan worry doll. When I fly, I transfer my terror to her.


7) Though she's singing an Irish ballad, this week's featured artist, Joni James, is of Italian heritage. Can you think of a song as identified with Italy as "Danny Boy" is with Ireland? The first one that comes to mind is "That's Amore." But I don't know if it counts, since Dean Martin was from Steubenville.

8) Soda bread and potato bread are popular in Ireland. Are there any rolls or bread in your kitchen right now? No. I've been eating a lot of crackers lately. Ritz, saltines, graham crackers ...
 
9) Ireland is known for its whiskey. Do you enjoy Irish coffee (black coffee, whiskey and whipped cream)? No! I really hate all manner of coffee.

7 comments:

  1. I vote for 'That's Amore' to count...it's all I could think of, too.
    I hate coffee, too. It smells so good when it's brewing, but gah...it tastes so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute little worry doll. And of course “That’s AmorĂ©” counts. I remember some stuff, especially songs and singers, just because I’m older than dirt and started singing, when I was a little less than four years old, with my grandpappy and cousins. đŸ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dammit doll for a while. Not sure where it went. You were supposed to beat it against something whilst saying dammit dammit until you felt better. Maybe I beat the stuffing out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Amoré always reminds me of the movie Moonstruck. And I love Bailey's coffee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't drink it for the coffee...I drink it for the whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the worry doll! I should get one of those - flying terrifies me too.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use a case of Guatemalan worry doll, I'll probably wear them out fast

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.