Saturday, December 16, 2017

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

This past week I toasted Christmas twice -- once with my friend, Kathleen, and a second time with my nephew.

Kathleen and I had a delicious dinner here in town. I had the butternut squash ravioli, she had the cheese/charcuterie. I had a cosmorita, she had wine. We caught up on each other's lives. (It's been six months!) We exchanged gifts:

•  I got  a cool handbag and a special edition package of Reynolds Wrap renamed Rizzo Wrap after my favorite Cub (and she picked up the tab for dinner)
•  She got a decorative tile for her collection, this one from Key West, and a canvas portrait of her family (I stole it from her Facebook page and sent away to have printed onto canvas)

Today I celebrated Christmas with my nephew. I gave him a pair of t-shirts befitting his enthusiastic participation in The Resistance: CNN and "Democracy Dies in Darkness/The Washington Post." He gave me a copy of Joe Biden's book, purchased when he went to see the former VP at The Chicago Theater last week. (You can tell what we talk about when we get together!)

He had cheese pizza, a chocolate shake and an order of fries. I had the pulled pork, fries and root beer combo. This time I paid.

I feel comfortably Christmasy today.


1 comment:

  1. This post made me happy. I needed a boost of good cheer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.