Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song was originally performed in 1966 by a Jamaican band called The
|Colonial Williamsburg: I want to go back!|
2) In this song, Debbie Harry sings that she's not the kind of girl who gives up easily. How about you? Do you hang on stubbornly? Or do you know when to say "when?" I don't give up until absolutely forced to.
3) Blondie is a group that took it's name from the lead singer's most identifiable characteristic, her hair. If your band was named after your hair, what would it be called? The Highlights.
4) Before her career as a singer took off, Debbie supported herself as a waitress. She even served drinks while wearing bunny ears and tail at The Playboy Club. Have you ever worked in food service? Nope.
5) Debbie points to David Bowie as a major influence on her music and career. What's your favorite Bowie song? "Modern Love."
|That top-selling 1980 RS cover|
6) In 1980, when this song was popular, the best selling issue of Rolling Stone featured Robert Redford on the cover. Who is your all-time favorite actor? I'll go with Redford.
7) In 1980, Ted Turner revolutionized how we watch TV when he introduced CNN. Do you have any subscriptions services in addition to cable -- like Hulu, Amazon Prime or Netflix? Amazon Prime. Don't watch it very much, though.
8) John Lennon was murdered in 1980. Today there's a specially landscaped section of Central Park called Strawberry Fields in his honor. If you had a day to spend in New York, what would you want to see? A Broadway show actually ON BROADWAY, followed by dinner afterward at one of those restaurants I've only ever read about.
9) We're going shopping! Which do you need to add to your wardrobe: underwear, shoes or a swimsuit? I need them all!