Sunday, January 08, 2017

OneWord: FOCUS on my empty wallet





FOCUS
verb
to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts


My goal in 2017 is to be able to point to concrete achievements, accomplished because I continued to FOCUS. This weekend I stayed focused on money, and I'm proud to report I stayed on budget.

I had allotted $50 for groceries/household supplies this week, and spent $51.41. I gave myself $50 in spending money and today my wallet is completely empty,* but I didn't go over. (And I paid cash for Kathy's birthday lunch!)

I know it's still just January, but I think I can maintain this. I just have to FOCUS.



*Really. All that's in the coin section of my wallet is a paper clip and a breadbag tie.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to question the breadbag tie in your wallet but stopped myself. I have peculiar things in my wallet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Focusing is what gets us to our goals.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.