Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Am I blue? You'd be, too.

So I just finished four more days of antibiotics. And my gastrointestinal tract is still not normal.

This has been going on for 42 days.

I'm angry. I'm frustrated. I'm sad. I'm singin' the blues.

So I went back to the doctor. Again. More tests. As she explained it, one of three things could be going on.

1) My gut is healthy but my colon doesn't know it. 42 days is a long time to go without a full meal, and maybe my body just doesn't remember how to process food. This is the most attractive diagnosis. Then I just start slowly start eating again.

2) My C Diff is just really, really resistant to antibiotics and we need to put me on a different course of treatment.

3) It's morphed into something else. This is both the least likely and the worst option.

I suppose I should feel lucky. I have no fever, I'm not fatigued and I'm functioning. Today the doctor told me about a new mother who contracted C Diff in the hospital and had it for a full year, leaving her unable to nurse her new baby. I'm not that sick.

But I'm still sick. And it sucks.


Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get some satisfactory results soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.