Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Quality of life

Joey is a very old cat with a litany of health problems: high blood pressure, arthritis, kidney disease and a viral infection. Those last two are fatal. So I am trying to remind myself that our time left together is short.

But here's the thing: Right now he's sitting beside me, purring so loud I can hear it. He enthusiastically wolfs down his food. And last night he engaged in a little laser point tag. I'm going to try it again tonight.

As long as Joey is still enjoying his life, I'm going to sit back and enjoy him. The vet has warned me that he's never getting better. But for now, he seems happy enough to be here. And so here he shall stay.




1 comment:

  1. I love how you are celebrating the end of his life with him. All the snuggles, purrs, and laser games have made him a happy cat.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.