1. What would you pick as a major, if you could go back to college and do it again? American history. Especially the Cold War, as taught by this man, Timothy Naftali of NYU. He turns up now and again on C-Span and The History Channel and I've developed a massive geek crush on him.
2. Who is the one celebrity with whom you would most like to have an indepth conversation? Kevin Spacey.
3. If you could make a living doing ANYthing, what would that be? I'd be a great pet sitter.
4. What’s your all-time very favorite dessert? Strawberry rhubarb pie
5. How many pairs of jeans do you own? Lots and lots. I've never counted.
6. What is your favorite flower, and why? I like carnations. I know they're cheap, but they're bright and they make me happy.
7. What book has most changed your life? Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards. She taught me what a gift it can be to allow others to help you. As Rhett Butler once said of a similar gallant Southern woman, "She was a great lady. A very great lady." May she rest in peace.
8. What is your least favorite vegetable? Is there any way you can be persuaded to eat it? Raw tomatoes. There's something gelatinous and unfinished about them. However, I will eat a tomato slice if you give me $1.
9. If you could take a nonstop first class flight to any destination, where would you pick to land? London. Let me know in plenty of time so I can get a new passport.
10. If your 15 minutes of fame included a stint on American Idol, what song would be your trademark solo?
11. If you could pick one former friend (who has remained elusive in this wild Facebook world) to reunite with, who would you unearth? There was a girl named Karen I hung around with at church when I was a teenager. She popped into my head not too long ago. I wonder what happened to her.
12. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? Mackinac Island. It sounds divine.
13. Name three of your guilty pleasures. People magazine, Braxton Family Values, Cheetohs.
14. The best kind of cookie is: Coconut chocolate chip
15. What do you value most in other people? Authenticity
16. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? The end of a certain relationship was the best thing that ever happened to me, though it hurt like hell at the time.
17. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? Wrigley Field, of course!
18. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? Feeler
19. Name three things you are thankful for right now. My 20-year-old cat, Joey, is doing just fine (every day feels like a gift); my nephew had a happy birthday; I don't have to do a damn thing all day today.
20. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? I'm sure I have. I just don't remember the specifics.
21. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? No. But I do stand.