Saturday, May 03, 2014

Shouldn't have worried

I was relieved to get a chatty little note from my Cousin Rose. It was all about NCIS and the new drapes for her room.

I had been dreading this letter. She was very close to her uncle, who unbeknownst to her was my molester. I know she was confused that I was uninterested in the rituals -- visitation and funeral -- that attended his passing. I was worried that she would ask me about it. While I was certainly tired of covering for the old perv, I didn't want to hurt my cousin with the ugly truth about a man she loved.

Her letter today contained no mention of him. I think now my nightmare may truly be over. I may never have to hear his name again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.