Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Stealing

The Fast Dozen Meme


-->
1. What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read? Then We Came to the End. It's a very good novel set in an agency where I once worked. I lent it to a friend/former coworker of mine, who also toiled in those saltmines.


2. The one song you secretly or not so secretly want to sing at karaoke? "New York, New York"


3. If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? Julie. I'm watching Carousel on TCM as I answer these and Shirley Jones' character was called "Julie."

4. What do you wish your administrator or boss would notice? How hard I work at making my art director/partner feel like a part of the process.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Space hogs. People who take up an extra seat on the train for their backpacks or totes, and space on the bench at the health club for their water bottles and mp3 players.


6.  What holds you back in pursuing your biggest dream? Self discipline.


7.  Why do you think you are a lovable person? Because I am imaginative and kind.


8.  If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it? Probably waste it playing Farmville.


9. The last song you turned up in your car or house was? "You Wear It Well" by Rod Stewart.


10. What is a secret talent you may have? I can wiggle my ears.


11. Your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold out in the winter? Walk. The streets are emptier and I notice things about my neighborhood that I don't see when the streets are full of people.


12. How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question? Depends on the question.


7 comments:

  1. I am watching Carousel right now as well. I remember watching it as a kid in the theater and not caring for it so much...I was no OKLAHOMA...it was actually not appropriate for my age and I liked it better once I got older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely had that pet peeve when I was using public transport.

    http://nerdbliss.com/wordpress/2014/01/12/fast-dozen-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-discipline...yeah, if we were being honest that's probably the correct answer for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Carousel in years. We mounted the play when I was assistant drama director a million years ago. I was in charge of staging, props, and managing the stage manager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wiggling your ears is quite a talent. It is not something everyone can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:21 PM

    I admit I'm one of those people who puts their bag on the chair beside them. Sorry! I always do move it though when I see someone needs a seat or that it's getting crowded. I am aware of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and I went to New York a couple of years ago and we couldn't stop singing New York New York while we were there.

    Loved your homage to Maddog :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.