Saturday, October 12, 2013

Incremental

I really hate my life these days. It occurs to me that I'm the only one who can do anything about this sad state of affairs. And so it's time I got off my fat ass and got started!

My problem -- the reason why I get stuck -- is that I focus so much on the final destination that I forget the journey. I want to redo everything (finances, wardrobe, body, home) so completely that I lose sight of how happy small changes may make me, and that every journey has to begin with a first step.

Look! No blue in sight!
So far: New microwave and new cardigans (that aren't blue; I just recently realized how much blue I wear). It's not a renovated kitchen or a new wardrobe, but it's a start.

The handyman is coming over Thursday morning to talk about repairing my shower and then hanging new curtains for me. I mean, why not? The living room still needs a paint job and I'd love to swap the carpeting for hardwood floors, but I can't afford to do all that right now. Still, I think walking in the front door and seeing new window treatments will make me happy.

I embrace the happy.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan baby steps. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Oh boy . . . I've been there. More than once. If there's a magic answer I don't know what it is. For me, I have to consciously remind myself sometimes that I'm worth taking the steps--the big ones and the little ones--that are needed to bring me back to happy. Some days that's easier than others!

    On another note--check my blog for the answer to your earlier question! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.