Saturday, June 30, 2012

Anthony Rizzo's first Wrigley Field HR!

John and I were at today's Cub game, celebrating John's birthday, and of course, I had a lovely time. Because the beer was cold, our seats were in the shade, we're good friends who are happy to be together, and BECAUSE I SAW ANTHONY RIZZO'S FIRST WRIGLEY FIELD HR!

Wrigley Field is steeped in romance and tradition and I can still feel the presence of Ron Santo and Ernie Banks and my beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux, but watching Rizzo and Starlin Castro and Darwin Barney, I realize I'm seeing our future, too.



After the booze, the heat, the game, the hotdogs and the chicken wings, though, I really do need a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.