Saturday, February 11, 2012

FAREWELL, WHITNEY

"And when you talk, I just watch your mouth." Whitney and me ... the two of spent the 80s dancing around together. Really, the best nights of that decade were accompanied by this peerless voice. This is how I remember her, and whenever I think of those days, this is what flashes into my head.





If only we both knew where life would take us from here.

This is my favorite cut from her last CD (2009). I wish it was true that she "was not built to break."








3 comments:

  1. she die when she married that thug Bobby Brown...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a huge fan, but she had a great voice. I was shocked last night when I came home to see it on the news.

    silverthoughts2.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.