Saturday, August 06, 2011

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Nasty 31 Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. What has been you longest love relationship? The one in my 20s. What a waste of time he was! Most of the men I have known have been good guys. Why did I waste the most time with the only stinker in the lot?

2. What was the last gift that you received? One of my coworkers made sure there was a flower in my vase when I returned the office on Wednesday. It made me happy.

3. What do you spend your extra cash on? Books and purses. Purses and books. My weaknesses.

4. If you could live anywhere would you live? I'd love to live down town in a building with a doorman and a view of the Lake.

5. Who's your cell provider? Credo Mobile. I love them. It you're thinking of switching companies, check them out.

6. What's your favorite mall store? Carson's (or Bergner's, or Bon-Ton, depending on where you live)

7. What's the longest job that you've had? (No parenting does not count!) I've been a writer for -- wait for it -- 30 years now. At 6 years, job I'm at now is my longest stop along the way.

8. If you won the lottery, who'd you call first? My mom, to tell her she doesn't have to worry any more.

9. If you won, how would you spend your money after investments? I want to redo my apartment! I have such big dreams for my bathroom, kitchen and dining room. (I'd love exposed brick in the dining room.) While I can't have any more pets myself, I'd like to "foster" a lot more. I'm currently "foster mom" to a cat at The Tree House. And I'd help my niece with her college tuition.

10. When was the last time you went to church (or a religious house)? I haven't been to service in a few months. But it's right around the corner and I know it's there when the time is right.

11. What's the biggest lie that you've heard? You won't believe this. I know I didn't. My oldest friend actually believed the whopper that a woman she knew through a Fanilow fanclub site was Barry Manilow's secret wife. These 50 year old women all deluding themselves into thinking they had a little "glamour" in their midst, it was kind of desperate and sad.

12. When you go out with your friends, where do you go? There are a couple bars that we frequent.

13. When was the last time that you cried? I'm not much of a crier.

14. What food do you hate? Tomatoes.

15. What do you like best about yourself? I'm very loyal.

6 comments:

  1. Loyalty is a wonderful quality to have and very much underrated and underused in today's society I think! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding the door for you saying, "Good morning Ms. Gal. Great day for the lake. No traffic on Michigan today!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice about the flower in a vase. It's little gestures like that which leave me with a little faith in the human race.

    And yeah.... purses.... I need a whole new room in which to store mine. It's getting to be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and one other thing... I was in a few "long" relationships in my twenties and thirties that I thought were a huge waste of time, with men who really were wastes of space. But now, looking back, there were good things that came from each of them. I learned from each, and came out of each a better person, knowing more about myself, and more about what I was looking for in a lifetime partner. So don't beat yourself up over "wasted" time. Your guy just wasn't ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stunned that Barry Manilow's secret wife outed herself among the Fanilows. Oy.

    I hope you win the lottery. I'd love to see how your renovations go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one…
    Hi there!
    Here’s mine:
    http://emotera.me/ss-the-nasty-meme-part-one/
    Just for a Thought
    Emotera
    My All
    My Prince  Macoi
    Trying Hard Techie

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.