Saturday, August 06, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 6

Believe it or not, LAUNDRY. I wore one of my favorite t-shirts to see Sir Paul on Monday night. It bears the logo: Star Club: Hamburg. The Star Club was a dive bar where the Lads played in 1962. The likelihood of my finding another such shirt is slim, which is why it broke my heart when an angry McCartney fan bumped into me and spilled a margarita on it. I admit the dampness kept me a little cool on the very hot night, but I worried so about that green stain smack dab between my boobs. Well, glory be, it came out in the wash!

My secret: clarifying shampoo. If you get a protein based stain on cotton, pre-treat it with clarifying shampoo (aka swimmer's shampoo). Clarifying shampoo is formulated with chelating agents to life chlorine and minerals off hair, and those same agents also work on food stains.

2 comments:

  1. I usually use Dawn dish liquid on protein stains (or spaghetti sauce).

    Good to know about the shampoo. And great that your special shirt was saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopping from S9. here's my entry!see yah around!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.