Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 on Tuesday

Ten "green" things I do regularly. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I'm wearing green all week. But that's not the kind of green I'm thinking of. These are the planet-benefiting habits.

1) CFL bulbs throughout the house.

2) I recycle paper, plastic and aluminium.

3) With Shout Color Catchers, I'm able to combine whites and (most) bright colors. This way I reduce the number of loads of laundry I do each week. (I still wash deep navys and blacks separately, though.)

4) I wash everything in cold water on the energy-saving setting.

5) Woolite Dry Cleaner's Secret reduces the number of garments I take to the cleaners.

6) When I do go to the cleaners, I return the wire hangers.

7) I bring my own canvas bag to the store (when I think of it).

8) If I do leave the store with a plastic bag, I make good use of it at home -- either when I clean the litter box or for holding recyclables until I take them down to the bins downstairs.

9) Weather and time permitting, I take mass transit instead of cabs.

10) At the office, I chug tap water from a big old reusable water bottle.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to stretch. I think I may have strained something, patting myself on the back for my virtuous, tree-hugging ways.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.