Monday, January 03, 2011

Key West 2010 -- Souvenirs

A review of this year's vacation in the realm of retail.

Magnets for everyone! I picked up seven magnets, not unlike this one depicting the Southernmost spot in the United States, for my coworkers.

My niece. Since she lives for her summer job at that family-owned beach resort in Wisconsin, I bought her something to help her anticipate it: a sign she can hang on her bedroom door when she leaves that says, "Gone to the Beach."

My nephew. A Key West cap, of course. He loves caps. And a tiny turtle made of shells, because he loves turtles, too.

My mom. A pair of eccentric Christmas tree ornaments -- Robert the Demon Doll (more on him later) and a flamingo preparing to don her bikini in a changing booth. Clearly my mom's Christmas tree is like no other!

And for me. I bought myself a trio of cute junk jewelry necklaces and this DVD, a tribute to the day Margaritaville met Wrigley Field.

2 comments:

  1. Fun goodies for all! I'm not a Parrot Head but I do like Jimmy Buffett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best parts about vacation is picking out souvenirs for your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.