Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Holidailies -- Day 2

Guilty Pleasures. I watch every version of A Christmas Carol I can find. Part of it is the enduring power of the Dickens story. Part of it is my curiosity to see how many different spins Hollywood can put on it. One of my favorites is Ebbie: Miracle at Christmas. Susan Lucci, aka Erika Kane from All My Children, is Elizabeth "Ebbie" Scrooge, a ruthless retailer out to crush the competition at Christmas. It's not very good and yet ... I love it.

This just in: UH-OH. I'm in Holidailies trouble and it's only Day 2. My posts appeared on the site too close together in time. First the phone company, then the post office, now the Holidailies people. I'm trying hard to stay Christmas-y, but my efforts are being thwarted by bureaucracy.

2 comments:

  1. I love holiday movies, even the cheesy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to collect all the A Christmas Carol movies on DVD. They keep coming out with new ones!

    I've never seen Ebbie, though I've heard of it. I'll have to track that one down.

    Did you know that Vincent Price was in a version back in the 50s?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.