1. want -- "I Want to Hold Your Hand" -- For me, all music begins with The Lads from Liverpool. As Kevin Kline said in The Big Chill, "There is no other music, not in my house."
2. hell -- "Live and Let Die" -- You gotta give the other fellow hell … I've seen Macca do this in concert so many times, I involuntarily squint when I think of it, trying to adjust to the laser light explosions that I expect to accompany it
3. smack -- "Tupelo Honey" -- Sail it around the seven oceans, drop it smack in the middle of the deep blue sea … I recently discovered a cover of this Van Morrison ballad by Dusty Springfield and it's lovely (even though she changes "smack" to "straight")
4. ugly -- "Make an Ugly Woman Your Wife" -- If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife … This used to be mandatory at wedding receptions
5. beast -- "Beauty and the Beast" -- Certain as the sun rising in the east ... Beauty and the Beast -- You know how you can go forever without thinking of a song and then suddenly it comes up again and again?
6. Romeo -- "Just Like Romeo and Juliet" -- Our love's gonna be written down in history, just like Romeo and Juliet -- I can imagine Potsie singing this at Al's
7. God -- "This One" -- The swan is gliding above the ocean, a god is riding upon his back ...
I love Sir Paul's voice on this
Stay out the dungeon by playing yourself. Click here.