Sunday, June 27, 2010

Movie Monday

Time for a little "Girl Power!"
Share on your blog women characters from film who know how to save the day, linking back
here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

Vivian Leigh, Scarlett O'Hara, Gone with the Wind. Who else could deliver a baby, pick cotton, shoot a Yankee, and make a small fortune running a lumber mill and a general store, all the while looking like "cutest trick in shoe leather?" Whatever it took to keep Tara, she did. The ultimat
e heroine.

Anne Bancroft, Anne Sullivan, The Miracle Worker. With courage, faith and pure stubbornness, Teacher gave Helen the gift of language, thereby giving the world the gift of Helen.


Barbra Streisand, Fanny Brice, Funny Girl. "Nobody, no nobody is gonna rain on my parade!" Who would dare? After all, we're talking about a woman here who would commandeer a tugboat to catch up with and board an ocean liner … singing exquisitely and at the top of her lungs, every step of the way.

7 comments:

  1. When my brother and sister were in middle school, they participated in the school plays...for a middle school they were top notch....but the last year they were there they had a Broadway Review and did the dinner scene from The Miracle Worker. My brother was Mr. Keller so obviously I paid more attention...but the two girls cast as Helen and Annie were amazing. I fully expected secuity to run up on stage and seperate the two, that's how realistic their fight seemed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great choices. I need to see the Miracle Worker again, it's been far too long. And I love your inclusion of Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivian Leigh is a fantastic choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:06 PM

    I still haven't seen The Miracle Worker. Adding it to my library list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You managed to nail three of my favorite heroines. Scarlett is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across The Miracle Worker on cable within the last year for the first time and was mesmerized by it! Anne Bancroft was incredible in portraying that role. At first you are horrified by her technique - and then the discovery hits - Helen and then you. And everything changes. Awesome choice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.