Tuesday, May 18, 2010
10 on Tuesday -- More Movie Quotes
Last week I shared the Top 10 Movie Quotes, as per the American Film Institute. This week, by popular demand,* I am listing the first 10 that come to this Gal's mind.
1) My sister, my daughter ... She's my sister AND my daughter! Chinatown, a movie I've never seen its entirety, btw
2) I mean happy, like "Julie Andrews twirling around on a mountain top like a mental patient" kind of happy. The Sixth Sense
3) That's my problem! I'm an onion roll on a plate of bagels! Funny Girl
4) You're advertising's just dandy. Folk's'd never guess you don't have a thing to sell. Bonnie & Clyde
5) East is east and west is west, and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb ever will. Now tell me what you know. Animal Crackers
6) Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. The Godfather
7) Not a bit like Cagney. Help!
8) You still think you're the cutest little trick in shoe leather. Gone with the Wind
9) Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop. Some Like It Hot
10) Wouldn't it be lovely if we were old? We'd have survived all of this, and everything would be easy and uncomplicated ... like when we were young. The Way We Were
*Well, Kwiz asked me.