Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another year, another spa


I have booked my spring spa getaway. In previous years I have traveled to Chateau Elan in Atlanta, and I enjoyed it completely. But this year I am experimenting with a destination that marries my love of pampering and alone time with my love of American history.

This spring I'm headed to Colonial Williamsburg. I'll be staying at the Williamsburg Lodge and have two spa sessions booked. When I'm not being massaged and exfoliated and moisturized, I'll be out looking at "History on Display" in the nearby museums or indulging in retail therapy in the array of shops, all within walking distance.

Not that Chateau Elan wasn't wonderful -- it was! It's just so very expensive. I suspect I'll find it more relaxing to luxuriate in slightly less pricey surroundings. Plus it would be good for me to spend time getting to know a President who isn't Abe.

6 comments:

  1. I lived 20 miles from Colonial Williamsburg for several years. It's one of my favorite places in the country. If you ever get the chance, go at Christmas--the "Grand Illumination" is something not to be missed. I hope you enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! That's within driving distance from casa de Snarkela. Maybe we can hook up for coffee or dinner?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G. History & a spa? How has this escaped my attention? This is my new fantasy vacation. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Williamsburg as a teen and loved it. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite places, and home to my college alma mater. You will enjoy it a great deal. If you want advice on restaurants, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to Williamsburg my senior year of high school for marching band, it was pretty cool. I forget where but they had ghost tours that was pretty neat (though, the ghosts were shy that night).

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.