Saturday, January 09, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Call Me

1. Who phones you routinely that you never seem to be up to talk to, but you are not ready to push them out of your life? No one anymore. It occurred to me over the holidays that our awkward friendship may be over because I didn't get a holiday card from her. She's nice, but we really don't have anything to talk about.

2. What is something that effects you deeply, to your core, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life? Music. Certain songs have a way of getting right to my gut. No matter how unhappy or rattled I may be, "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire* can lift my spirits.

3. Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy. Water. Swimming, soaking in a tub or bubbles, even a quick shower can make me feel better.

4. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be? I have fantasized about this. Escaping by myself for the weekend by taking the next Amtrak out of Union Station. Not going far, but not going to a predetermined destination -- just deciding when I get to the ticket window. St. Louis ... Kansas City ... Milwaukee ... Minneapolis ...

5. If you could look into the future, how far down the road would you like to see? 10 years? 100 years? A million? I'd like to check in on myself and my loved ones in 10 year intervals. Maybe fly around with The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come for the night.

6. Did you do your shopping online for this Christmas, how did it go? Did things come in on time? Any significant failures? ...and if you didn't, will you consider trying online shopping sometime this year? Everything went well. Special kudos to Signals, who got me the bracelet I ordered my mom just in time.

7. What people or projects are worth your time, money or effort? I'm partial to efforts that help kids and critters, since they can't help themselves. American Humane is an especially worthy organization.

8. Think back when you were in high school. Are you proud of the way you dressed, or do you wish you could go back and change it all? I think I dressed OK. Jeans and tshirts are pretty timeless. It's my hair -- long and so frizzy that it was always either pulled back or held up in barrettes -- that was really awful.

9. Do any of your friends, family or co-workers know about your blogs? For those that do, did you tell them or have they stumbled upon it by themselves? My oldest friend actually stumbled upon it. She's the only one I know who has found it.


*"Ba-de-ya. Say do you remember, ba-de-ya. Dancing in September, ba-de-ya. Golden dreams were shiny days."

5 comments:

  1. I've always loved Signals. They have such unusual stuff. Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love EW&F! And "September" is a great song. I recently was at a dance when they played "Reasons". I grabbed the woman I was with as though I was on a mission! Happy Saturday, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... EW&F. I love their funky sound. That's a great call. I feel like that about Stevie Wonder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. September is a great choice!

    Have a great day!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/if-you-could-look-into-future-how-far.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have managed to keep your blog pretty private :) I wish I would have done that, too late now lol! Have a great SUnday!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.